Preparative Separation and Purification
Sepax has developed proprietary process for separation and purification of complex pharmaceutical mixtures, natural products and biological samples with high speed and in highly economical way. Sepax has accumulated a wide range of expertise and skills in separating and purifying a mixture of a few of compounds to a natural product of more than 500 compounds effectively. The separation and purification covers small molecules to peptides to proteins, such as antibodies.
- Sepax manufactures more than 200 different separation media, covering silica and polymer materials with particle selection from 1 to 100 µm and pore size selection from 60 to 2000 Å. The chemistry includes reversed phases, normal phases, HILIC, ion-exchange, size exclusion, SFC, affinity and custom-synthesized phases.
- Sepax manufactures preparative separation columns covering flash chromatography to HPLC. The column dimensions are from regular 2 and 3 cm ID to larger ones for process separation.
- Sepax has accumulated a variety of proprietary expertise, techniques, and skills for fast and economical separation and purification processes. Sepax purified more than 35,000 compounds from natural products in 2007.
- Sepax has strong expertise and experts on mass spectrometry analysis to further test the purified compounds.
Facilities for Separation and Purification
- More than 20 HPLC equipments
- 3 Mass Spectrometers
- Bulk separation media and columns manufactured in house
- Lyophilization equipments
- 10,000 ft² lab space and 50,000 ft² lab space is under construction
Separation and Purification Areas
- Pharmaceutical and neutraceuticals
- Natural products and traditional Chinese medicine
- Proteins, e.g. antibodies and enzymes
- Oligonucleotides and DNA
- Nanomaterials, e.g. nanoparticles, carbon nanotubes
- Cell lysates
- Flash Chromatography
- Thin layer chromatography
- HPLC separation
- Preparative LC separation
Characterization & Identification
- LC chromatography